Frequently Asked Questions


Where can I find directions to the College?

Our address is 124 Blackness Road DD1 5PE. You can find more information and how to find us here

Is there parking available?

There are visitor parking spaces in the car park adjacent to the College, if these are full there is free on-street parking outside the College.

Students can apply for a permit to use the Mosque carpark which is located next to the College. Email for more information

How do I register for an Online Webinar?

You can find information about the Open Webinars and how to book here.

Join our mailing list for updates – sign up here

Do I have to wear a face covering in the College?

No, you are not required to wear a face covering while moving around the College building.

For further information, click here 

What safety measurements are in place in the College as a result of Covid-19?

The safety and wellbeing of students and staff is our primary concern. With this in mind, we have developed principles for the opening of the College building- in line with social distancing restrictions- and have carried out sufficient health and safety assessments.

Please visit our Covid-19 guidance pages for further information.

Prospective students

Where can I find the entry requirements?

Entry requirements can be found here. If your qualification is not listed or you have a question regarding entry requirements, you can email 

How do I apply?

If you are applying to a Business or Management HNC/D, you can apply through UCAS. All other applications should be made through our direct application form which can be found here. 

Can I apply for student accommodation?

Al-Maktoum College does not own any student accommodation in or around Dundee, and so students travelling to Dundee will be expected to make their own living arrangements. Click here for guidance. 

How do I apply for a scholarship? 

Please email for more information 

How do I apply for the MSc Islamic Finance? 

Applications to the the MSc Islamic Finance is through the University of Dundee website.

Contact for more information 

What are the English language requirements for international students? 

English language information is available here

If you need more information contact 

How do I find more information about a programme? 

Please contact us by:

  • Email
  • Phone +44 (0) 1382 908070
  • Direct message – search ‘ALM College’ on social media
  • WhatsApp +44 (0) 7545 859602
Can I visit the College? 

Please email to set up a virtual or in-person meeting with a member of staff or join our next Virtual Open Day. 

Offer holders

Where can I find information about the College library? 

You can find information about the College library including opening times, resources and book return here. 

Where can I find the semester dates for my studies? 

You can find information about the current semester dates including the teaching weeks and dates that the college will be closed for the academic year here 

When can I apply for my visa? 

 Click here for international student guidance.

You can also contact our admissions team at who will be happy to offer additional support. 

When will I receive my College email account and Moodle details? 

The College Admissions team will provide you with the necessary account details and instructions shortly before you begin your studies. 

When is induction? 

Students will receive information regarding the induction day prior to the start date of their course. 

I have additional support needs, is there support available? 

Yes, please your enquiry. 

I've been awarded a scholarship, but I would like to defer my place will I still be eligible for the award? 

You may be able to defer your place and scholarship to the next entry point or academic year. Please email to request a deferral. 

Can I defer my place? 

If you have accepted your offer, please email to request a deferral. 

I'm an international student travelling to the UK. Am I required to self-isolate/quarantine on arrival? 

As a visitor travelling to the Scotland, you must provide your journey and contact details. Please visit the Scottish Government website for full details. 

Current students

How do I contact my lecturer? 

You should send an email in the first instance and/or make an appointment during their office hours. Information and contact details are available in the Student Handbook.

I am having problems with my email/Teams/Moodle account 

Please email for any IT queries 

Where can I find the change of personal details form? 

If you need to update your address, telephone number or personal email address during your studies, you will find the change of personal details form here 

Where can I find the temporary absence form? 

If you are absent from a class during your studies, you will need to complete a temporary absence form which Student Administration will pass along to your lecturer for authorisation. You can find the form here 

I am a current student and wish to continue my studies with Al-Maktoum College. Do I need to complete a full application form for another programme? 

No, students who wish to return for another academic year can complete a Continuation of Studies application form which can be found here. 

Can I still use the University of Dundee's facilities? (MSc Islamic Finance students only)

Yes, however, you will be required to follow the universities own health and safety guidance. Please visit the University of Dundee website for full information.